Infamous RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Warehouse

2 posters

Go down

The Warehouse Empty The Warehouse

Post by Ex249 Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 pm

The warehouse was smaller than most Vermaak warehouses, but those were usually known to the commander to exist. This one, while not hidden, had officially been documented as uninhabitable by some of the scouts in the Vermaak. One of those being our very own 249. He and a few of his more sane friends had set the place up as a lounge when everyone started losing it, but now all that remained was himself. The others had gone completely mental and ran out on a killing spree and the militia picked them off, the higher up Vermaak picked them off, or one of the residents of the warehouse picked them off. The location of the place was to be kept secret and they all agreed on what needed to be done beforehand.

And now 249 himself was starting to break. Not all at once, just here and there. Right now was a here and there moment for him. He had a girl wrapped in chains and hanging by her wrists from the ceiling in a room that was below freezing. Unfortunately, he couldn't lower the temperature in the place enough to be able to remove his suit without the Vermaak superiors getting suspicious.

The girl's legs were tied together, her hands apart and her head was just left to dangle. She was a good 4 feet off the ground and the darkness of the warehouse was only interrupted by 249 forming a ball of cryogenic energy in his right arm. His left was barely patched up and he didn't want to risk tearing it again. He was already fucked for going home empty handed, but having to go home with the cold leaking from his suit was absolute hell. He raised the blue light at the girl's feet and shot an icy beam at the chains below her, causing a frost to form on them. A brisk walk over and a shotgun blast broke the chain, letting it unfurl and allowed the girl's body and legs to swing freely hopefully rousing her from her slumber. If not, the gunshot echoing off the metal walls should have sufficed.
Ex249
Ex249
Admin

https://infamousrpg.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Warehouse Empty Re: The Warehouse

Post by ReaptheMusic Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:39 pm

It was freezing.

That was the first thing that came to mind as the girls' eyes cracked open. She'd heard a muffled sound, as though she were underwater, a loud blast noise. Then chains rattling, the sharper sound is what brought her back. The taste in her mouth was foul, probably from the water she'd accidentally inhaled back in Flood Town. Somehow, she'd dried out on the way here. She has that small blessing to be thankful for as her small body dangled from chains at her wrists, binding her.

"A-ah, what...?" The tone of her voice was confused, and mostly scared. Her wrists hurt, supporting her weight for the most part. She gasped softly as she looked around the dark room, an urge in her she didn't pay attention to, then her eyes found the ice conduit. She parted her lips. She had so many questions. Who are you? Where am I? Why did you bring me here? Please let me go, but the only thing that came out when she spoke was; "Did you carry me here?"

Her legs were free, she rolled her ankles and stretched them, the chains jingling as her blue eyes, practically glowing in the darkness, stared down at him. She was too distracted in amazement that... he hadn't chosen to kill her.
ReaptheMusic
ReaptheMusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex249 Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:31 am

"More so dragged to be completely honest" The man said, staring at her in the dark. The only light source he had were the slits near the ceiling that light could barely come through, and even them it was only one side at a time. The girl was surprisingly alert for what she had been through, but with her DNA, it wasn't surprising. A regular human would be dead by now. He walked a little bit away, giving him more room to not have to crane his neck so high to look into her face.

"Now, tell me. You're a conduit right? Ah, I already know the answer, dear. What I want to know is Why the hell you did what you did back there? Really twisted my arm. If I wasn't a sucker for closure you'd be dead already." He was pacing back and forth, his hands gripping one another behind his back, his head always pointing toward the catch of the day. He had a use for her, he didn't know what yet, but she knew something surely. She wouldn't have been so cocky. Maybe she let him win? Was this her plan? His pace quickened and the ground below him had ice crystals beginning to grow.
Ex249
Ex249
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReaptheMusic Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:51 am

"Conduit? Oh..."

It hit her like a ton of bricks. The slashing. The shadow-dashing... How did she honestly not figure it out? It was literally so obvious. She knew what she was but it hadn't hit her until now.

"Oh..." She said this again, softer this time. She shivered in the cold. "I... I guess I am a conduit, aren't I?" Seina still felt so tired. She looked at him, then at the ground, then up at the slits of light in the ceiling. There was that urge again. That hunger. She just wanted it... She needed it.

"It's a little dark in here, isn't it?" Before she even realized what she was doing, her hands turned outwards. Immediately, the dark of the room leapt toward her, the absence of light being sucked in toward both her open palms. The shadows curled around both her arms erratically before fading away against her. Her eyes opened wide and her body seized up at the feeling of power returning to her, so much so that her body burst into shadows, slipping through the chains which clattered to the floor. She fell too, landing superhero style.

She hesitated, then looked up at him, not moving.

She looked down again, sighing as she rested her legs to the side, staying in her position rather than trying to make a move on him despite being free. Seina felt reinvigorated, ready to leap buildings again. The emotional weight of her epiphany had her shoulders slumped now though against the freezing warehouse floor as she stared off to the side, rubbing her sore wrists.

"My boat sank," She began, "So I had to use... whatever this is," Seina waved her hand around, a tendril of darkness accenting her movements elegantly, "And I... got ahead of myself. I guess. ...I didn't know you or anyone else was around." Her blue eyes looked over back at him. The warehouse was significantly lighter now, not nearly as dim as more light had been allowed into the space.
ReaptheMusic
ReaptheMusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex249 Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:13 pm

249 watched as the light stretched in to the rooms, the darkness going into the girls hands. That wasn't GOOD, but with the level of skill she presented earlier he wasn't sure it qualified as bad either. The room remained in a strange twilight state for a few moments before the darkness returned to it's regular levels. 249 waited in silence, just to see how it worked. To be honest, he had never seen physics break in such a way since conduits started to be a thing.

Once everything was right in the world, he looked to the girl. "I get that you didn't think anyone was watching, but if you honestly think THAT is why I brought you here, you must be one giant loskop. You could have ran and I wouldn't have chased you, but no. You had to take and look through the package. THAT is why you're here. And that's also why you most likely, won't be leaving here." The ice soldier said. He formed a snowball in his hand and threw it at the girl, missing her and having it go over her right shoulder. He repeated three throws until the fourth hit her in the collarbone. He chuckled a little bit and made another blue light form in his hands, ready to hit her with a beam of pure frozen energy.

"I think if you beg I might let you not die here"
Ex249
Ex249
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReaptheMusic Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:51 pm

Seina watched him throw a few snowballs with aim that would have qualified him for a pee-wee t-ball league until it hit her collarbone, soaking her white shirt. She looked down at where it hit, a see-through aspect being added to the thin cotton. She brushed the snow away, shivering in the cold, before it could melt on her clothes any further before returning her gaze to his. She listened intently, staring at that white mask of his. It was... starting to annoy her. What expression did he have on under it?  Calling her a loskop, whatever that was, that accent of his, there was no way he was from around here. A memory tickled the back of her mind, of what the locals at the bar had told her about the others like him. It was on the tip of her tongue, something important.

He threatened to take her life if she didn't beg.

Did she really have a life worth begging for? Rather than responding right away, her back straightened. She exhaled softly as she closed her bright blue eyes. She really didn't. But...  A moment of silence passed between them, her back straight as she faced him, her eyes closed like she had accepted she would die here quite easily.

And then her eyes snapped open, bright with the light of realization.

The smokey spiral of darkness that leapt at his body was fast, her shape reforming as she sprang at the ice conduit, one hand gripping the one that was aimed at her and the other on his face mask as she pushed him back, falling to the ground with him. She scrambled to grab his other hand and pin it down, her knee on his chest. Seina was smaller compared to him, but she did her best to keep all her weight on him. Her face was flushed with adrenaline, and it was obvious she was struggling to say something confidently. The hairs were crossed and what she ended up spitting out was;

"I don't beg for strangers!"

She punched herself internally. Ugh, just... of all things, the cool stuff she could have said... What did she say, what was it supposed to mean? ...Well, whatever. She shook her head, focusing on him, her grip on his wrists tightening.

"It's not like anyone would miss me if I die but I have someone I need to find, so I can't let that happen yet." The memory of having her ass handed to her by this man was swift and painful, like a kick in the gut. And as she stared down at him, she made no attempt to hide the twinge of fear she felt, doing this. Her memories had swarmed back to her in that minute she'd let herself be tranquil a moment ago. Adrenaline pumped into her body as her flushed face practically pushed itself against his mask, her hands trembling."I know what you are. And I owe you one. That piece of trash I lost was a map, right? A map to a blast core, right?!"

He was strong. She knew that. She knew that he also knew this city better than her. It was this, or probably being killed by him. Maybe, just maybe, he could help her find her brother.

"I'll make it up to you," She murmured with a hiss as her bright blue eyes glared down into his mask. "I'm a full conduit... and you're incomplete right? I can help you get it--so you can be whole--" The words were tumbling out now as she raced to say them. "I remember that map, I studied that area in school so--hh,"

She leaned back, only pinning down his shoulders now as she glared down at him, her knee in his chest.

"Do we have a deal...?!"
ReaptheMusic
ReaptheMusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex249 Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:47 pm

249 was honestly shocked at first. The girl ran up and actually grabbed him as if she forgot what had happened not an hour or so before in flood town. He was also taken aback by just how well she could comprehend the map she tossed aside. Somehow she knew it led to blast core and that he needed it to become whole. He felt her knee dig into his chest. "Do we have a deal...?!"

He snapped back from whatever state he was in before. Something about being pinned to floor and no longer dominating the situation rooted his brain back to reality. He could barely remember what had happened after he snapped on the delivery. He was caught up watching some girl and then all of a sudden he was torturing her. It was strange and scary, knowing what was just around the corner. If he didn't find something to help him out soon, he was going to join his comrades on the losing side of the battle against insanity.

249's body language totally shifted. He relaxed against the ground and stopped even trying to get free. He no longer wanted to kill this girl, even if she did probably get him killed. At least she offered him an out. "You have such a way with words. You almost made sense with half of that rant, but how does you being a full conduit help me out? How do I know you're not just gonna take the blast core for yourself?" 249 said. He looked up at her, with his head slightly tilted to the side. "And could you uh, please take this knee off of me? I don't really want to hurt you and freezing a joint never ends well. I uh, I will kill you if you run off with the blast core though.".

His tone of voice was much lighter now. It sounded like an entirely different person but it was par for the course with the Vermaak nowadays to either shift totally to the raging maniac or to switch between raging maniac and scared soldier just trying to survive. He saw that she had a welt on her chest and it was wet, he took the opportunity to drain the icy water and give himself a little recharge. He put his hands on her knee, letting a little energy run through them lowering the temperature between them (aka her lower thigh), but not to the point any damage would be done. "If we go it has to be fast, boss doesn't give me a cooling unit so I can't be out of a warehouse for more than two or so hours."
Ex249
Ex249
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReaptheMusic Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 am

Seina grunted, shivering at the cold from when the conduit placed his hand on her leg. If she weren't wearing leggings, no doubt the hairs on her leg would raise. The ones on the back of her neck were, anyway. She hurriedly got up.

"I don't really have a reason to want or care about blast cores right now. All I care about is finding someone important to me." Then, after hesitating, she offered her hand to him to help him up, a scowl on her face.  She didn't really have an answer to all his questions, because she didn't know what she meant when she mentioned being a full conduit either. "Chill... I don't intend to run from you anymore."
ReaptheMusic
ReaptheMusic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ex249 Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:04 am

249 took the girl's hand. She was surprisingly strong for her size but that was a given for conduits. As he stood up he took a look around the room. The chains that usually hung from the ceiling were now on the floor in what looked like a well thought out, yet still hastily made plan. He gave her a nod of thanks and his head dropped after making brief eye contact. Not because he had felt truly sorry, but because he knew what had happened to him and that she had to deal with it.

"The swamps aren't too far, we should get going." He said, walking past her and to the only door in the place that wasn't frozen shut. He put his hands on the push bar and stopped. He turned around to face his victim. "And uh, I should probably tell you that despite what I said, you should definitely run. Hopefully faster than last time. I will probably kill you, can't help it. Also never say chill to me ever again." And with that, he pushed the door open, the setting sun shining right into the westward facing door. He stuck his head out and checked for other Vermaak soldiers who might be patrolling the area and saw that it was empty. He looked back and motioned for the girl to follow with his head.
Ex249
Ex249
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ReaptheMusic Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

The Story Continues:
New Marais > The Swamp > Bayou Buffet
ReaptheMusic
ReaptheMusic

Back to top Go down